[Centos] Install of 3.1 aborts

c.xxx at gmx.net

Mon May 3 14:20:05 UTC 2004

Hello everybody,

yes I did check the installation medium (dvd), so that's not the problem.
My system only contains components which are accepted by the redhat
hardware compatibiliy list.
But anaconda fails, announcing:
You are trying to install on a machne which isn't supported by this
release of CentOS-3

The error message stems from this part of anaconda code in
packages.py:

    # this is a crappy hack, but I don't want bug reports from these people
    if (iutil.getArch() == "i386") and (not grpset.hdrlist.has_key("kernel")):
        intf.messageWindow(_("Error"),
                           _("You are trying to install on a machine "
                             "which isn't supported by this release of "
                             "%s.") %(productName,),
                           type="custom", custom_icon="error",
                           custom_buttons=[_("_Exit")])
        sys.exit(0)

Is this as it should be?????????????????
And what does it mean?

Thanks in advance
Chris