[Centos] How quickly are RHEL errata released as CentOS errata ?

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed May 5 18:43:27 UTC 2004

Greg Kurtzer wrote:

> Here is an order of events as I recall...:
> While I _really_ hate to have redundant efforts in the community, sometimes it
> is unavoidable. :(

Thanks for such a great rundown -- for those like me new to this all,
it's a good history primer. Well, the best we can all hope for is to
forge ahead with good faith, and maybe cooperation will happen in the
future.

I personally went with CentOS because of what you also saw -- when
looking at "things", it felt like CentOS was more of a team effort with
multiple developers and a good roadmap than WBEL (not putting WBEL down
at all, never tried it). I, like many others, are simply trying to adopt
the 'right' distro for machines we don't want to touch, and don't need
highpriced RHEL support.

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer