[Centos] OpenOffice.org with Java Enabled

Tue May 11 12:05:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 06:39, Lance Davis wrote:

> > After it builds, I can verify the requirements ... but I think the only
> > extra thing required will be the latest Sun Java Runtime Environment (at
> > least j2re1.4.2_04) installed.
> >

> No Problem - we could do with a text file that says where to get it from i
> guess.

Most people with OpenOffice.org installed will probably already have the
J2RE installed so they can use java with their web browser ... a text
file named the same as the main rpm .README should be OK.

For a reason why you might want java with open office ... see this:
http://www.bytebot.net/openoffice/faq.html#Installation1