[Centos] Segmentation fault: ftp

Thu May 13 08:26:09 UTC 2004
Chris Sorisio <chrissorisio at peaktechnical.com>

I've been lax in responding to my own e-mail; I discovered the cause of
the problem earlier this afternoon.

Evidently my iptable rules are not properly set up for FTP.  When
iptables is active, passive FTP doesn't work at all and my ftp client
crashes.  With iptables inactive, passive FTP works fine and I hadn't
tried non-passive.

The kernel version was the latest stock CentOS EL; I believe that's
2.4.21-9.0.3.