[Centos] RHEL 3 Update 2

Sat May 15 01:20:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 19:46, syv wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2004 19:46:51 -0400 (EDT), R P Herrold wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 14 May 2004, syv wrote:
> >
> >> The new upcoming release of Centos 3.2, will it be RHEL
> >> Update 2?
> >> or a refresh?
> >
> > I guess I am unclear as to the distinction you are drawing.
>
> Will CentOS stay in sync with RHEL? Will it have the kernel
> upgrades

The latest kernel upgrades are already released (2.4.21-15.EL), use yum
or up2date to get them.

Lance has posted that there will be a re-spin called CentOS 3.2 that
will have all the updated rpms on the ISOs.

There will also be all the updates in a yum directory for updating
already installed versions as well with yum or up2date.

SO ... if you are going to do a new install, you can download CentOS 3.2
and have no required updates (when it is released)... OR if you have a
update 2 rpms are compiled and posted).