[Centos] Promise raid cards

dan1

dan1 at edenpics.com
Thu Nov 4 16:55:50 UTC 2004

Hello.

I would like to know if promise RAID cards are compatible with CentOS / RHEL
?
I have seen that only SATA is supported on the RHEL hardware compatibility
list. The other ATA raid cards seems not to be compatible. They give source
code and promise grants compatibility with RedHat 8 and 9 but not RHEL.

I would like to know if somebody tried a ATA raid card like Fasttrack
TX2000, SX4000, Fasttrack 100 TX2, etc..
If you could share me your experience it would be great.

My provider says that he had some bad experiences about that cards and he
doesn't allow me to use CentOS on his promise cards he provides (only), so I
cannot have RAID on my server... it's a shame..

Thanks for any feedback.

Daniel