[Centos] Promise raid cards

dan1 dan1 at edenpics.com
Thu Nov 4 17:47:01 UTC 2004

Thank you, Ajay.

That's useful to me.
And do you know if the 3ware ATA raid card (7006-2 or 7506-4LP I suppose)
flushes the disks in case of power failure or do they just forget the
buffered datas so that the filesystem crashes afterwards ? (i.e. do they
have a capacitor to hold the datas up to the moment they are all written). I
will have a remote reboot (power failure like) that I might use quite often
and I know this is no problems with ext3 filesystem on 1 IDE disk only (I
made some tests), but is it the same reliability with this 3ware raid card
for power failures ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience !

Daniel