[Centos] why developers got stuck with huge ISP bill

Matt Shields mattboston at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 22:36:41 UTC 2004

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here.  I just caught this thread and checked my yum.conf.  It
does indeed point to the main mirror.  May I suggest that the default
yum.conf file contain a links to some of the public mirrors, or none
at all instead of the main mirror.

That way, it doesn't point to the main mirror, which would be reserved
for public mirrors.  Then in the Docs show an example yum.conf that
shows what is acceptable.

Another suggestion would be to put a few public mirrors in the
yum.conf file and comment them out.  Then put in a comment saying
"Here are a few public mirrors, but you can get mirrors closer to you
by looking at http://www.centos.org/download/mirrors"

Matt Shields