[Centos] Possible new CentOS... just 2 more questions

donavan nelson donavan at 4wx.net
Wed Oct 13 19:48:36 UTC 2004

It uses the same kernel as RHEL uses.  Generic in the sense that it
includes exactly what RHEL included in their shipping kernel.

CentOS 3.3 (same as RHEL 3 U3) has some SATA support for boot/install
devices.  I believe older versions had SATA support, but not for it as
the boot device.

The CentOS kernel includes all 2.6.x backports supplied by RH.

RHEL 4 is a VERY early beta right now.  As far as I know CentOS plans to
have a RHEL 4 clone available.  It's plenty early right now as RHEL 4 is
6+ months from anything resembling a production release.

.dn