[Centos] Setting up a local yum repository for CentOS-3.1

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Mon Oct 18 07:02:12 UTC 2004

Is there an approved procedure for setting up a local yum repository
which has all the CentOS-3 patches (3.1 & 3.3)?  I don't want to have 2
directories, just a single directory which has all the patches I need.
I though the 3.3 directory would have these included but it seems not.
If I manually upgrade to centos-release-3.3 (before installing all the
3.1 patches) then I will not get any outstanding patches from 3.1, which
  might be a problem.

As a side issue, is there any reasons for anyone not to upgrade to 3.3?
and is running 3.1 still secure?

John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer
Swinburne University of Technology