[Centos] Setting up a local yum repository for CentOS-3.1

John Newbigin jn at it.swin.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 03:58:28 UTC 2004

I think I am getting an idea of what is going on...

All the patches (ever) for CentOS-3 are in 3.1 updates.
Only patches from _after_ CentOS-3.3 are in 3.3 updates.
If this is the case, then the only reason _not_ to stay with the 3.1
updates directory is that I have to edit my yum config file after I
install centos-release-3.3-1.

Assuming this is correct, has anyone planned what will happen after U4
comes out?

Thanks

John.