[Centos] Re: VSFTPD / Apache (Beth Curotto)

Rick Graves gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 13:01:13 UTC 2004

I can get to, but if I try going
to the mail subdirectory I get:

You don't have permission to access /mail/ on this

This seems to be a web server, but your question says

I recently set up an ftp server using vsftpd.  I found
that for a directory to be accessible to anyone,
permissions must be set so that the directory is
executable by anyone -- you get into a directory by
"executing" it.  So to make a sub directory
accessible, permissions must be set in the parent
directory for the sub directory is executable.  Go to

and check the permissions on the mail sub directory.
The command chmod +x mail might do it (or you may have
to do chmod o+x mail, and chmod u+x mail plus chmod
g+x mail, while chmod ugo+x mail might also work).

This might help.