[Centos] another yum question

Thu Oct 14 10:27:03 UTC 2004
Martin Hamant <mh at accelance.fr>

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:02:37 +0200
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> disait:

> Martin Hamant wrote:
> > Hello centos community,
> >
> > I have a personal repository with self-made RPMs, and i need to
> > include this repository to yum.conf. But i've noticed that yum
> > configuration is overwritten when yum is updated.
>
> No, it shouldn't:
>
> [root at www2 conf]# rpm -qc yum|grep conf
> /etc/yum.conf
>
> And in the spec file:
>
> %config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/yum.conf
>
> > I can't update yum.conf manually  on
> > my servers each time yum is updated ...
>
> But centos-yumconf did (until Sep 14, 2004) just link
> /etc/centos-yum.conf to /etc/yum.conf.
>
> Is that, what you're seeing?

ho ok, maybe it's corrected since this incident

(Subject:[Centos] yum configuration files lost while/after updating ? 21
Sep 2004) ...

i see that there are no symbolic links on a fresh centos 3.3 about yum
configuration. centos-yum.conf and yum.conf are two different files.

centos-yumconf SRPMS confirm that /etc/centos-yum.conf is overwrited:

%attr(0644,root,root) /etc/centos-yum.conf

so i'm happy.

> > Is anyone have an idea ?
>
> I have my own yumconf package with a preposterously high Epoch - 10.
> So yum won't install centos-yumconf over my package :)

centos-yumconf overwrite centos-yum.conf if i believe the SRPM.

Ho do you make the centos-yumconf package to not overwrite you own
package? do you changed the name or release version ? Do you
simply replace /etc/yum.conf ?

Thanks !

--
Martin