[Centos] mirror.caosity.org change...

Greg Kurtzer

greg at runlevelzero.net
Mon Sep 6 02:50:12 UTC 2004

sorry for the massive cross-post, but I wanted to make sure that I get everyone
that needs to know this.

Mirror.caosity.org is having problems keeping up with all of the mirrors.
Rsync is a memory hog when dealing with large repositories, and mirror just
can't handle it.

I am migrating mirror.caosity.org to a new host which should be able to handle
the load better. Also, I will be limiting the IP's that can rsync directly to
mirror. Only the public mirrors will be allowed to connect directly to
mirror.caosity.org via rsync.

Expect this migration to happen in the next several days, and please let me
and the caos-mirror list know if there are any problems. Also, comments and
concerns should be sent to caos-mirror at casosity.org.

Thanks.
Greg
--