[Centos] Upgrading Fedora Core 1 to CentOS

Tue Sep 14 11:37:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 06:24, William Warren wrote:
> depends on your definition of downlgrade..i see it as the
> oposite..fedora's lifecycle is not nearly as long as RHEL 3..:)

Agreed, from a stability and lifecycle perspective, CentOS is much
better than (and in my opinion an upgrade to) Fedora Core 1.

But from a package perspective, many of the items in an up2date Fedora
Core 1 install are newer than the packages in CentOS, so they won't
upgrade via yum (since the installed Fedora Core 1 packages are already
newer).