[Centos] Maintainers and security updates

Wed Sep 8 13:43:57 UTC 2004
Michael Rock <mikerocks65 at yahoo.com>

Hi, can someone tell how many are behind maintaining
the site and converting security and regular RHEL
fixes for Centos-3? I see the last round of security
updates for RHEL were turned out in a day which is
impressive.

Trying to get an idea if Centos has alot of community
support and being maintained by more than one person.
I am not confident enough yet in building my own
updates.

I am another RH 7.1/8.0 admin that labored over the
decision to go with Fedora Legacy 6 months for these
servers only to find mailings to stop without any
notice. Since it seemed awfully quiet for a time I
checked their website and found support suspended for
these version due to lack of community involvement.

So doing a little more investigating this time to see
if the community is really into the project before
settling down with a solution.

thx