[Centos] migrating RH9 to CentOS-3

Thu Sep 9 01:04:02 UTC 2004
John Newbigin <jn at it.swin.edu.au>

Rick Graves wrote:

> John,
>
> I think the error that I encountered earlier this week
> was because I am now blocked from accessing the main
> CentOS mirror.
>
> At any rate, today I tried a different mirror, and at
> least yum would run.
>
> I am still on the RH9 X install.
>
> I tried yum update, and got this:
>
> Resolving dependencies
> .......Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package mozilla-psm needs mozilla = 37:1.4-3.0.18,
> this is not available.
> Package mozilla-psm needs mozilla-nss = 37:1.4-3.0.18,
> this is not available.
>
> Can you shed anly light on this?
There will be cases which need special handling.  I think mozilla-psm is
now included in the core mozilla package.  If the new mozilla does not
have the correct tags to tell yum that mozilla-psm can be removed then
you have have to remove it manually beforehand.

These are the kinds of tasks which we need documented.

I was also thinking, it might be possible to create dummy packages which
provide these kinds of dependencies so you can add the dummy module to
your yum.conf and then it will be more automatic.  There are others on
the list that know more about yum than me and might have some ideas.

John.

--
John Newbigin - Computer Systems Officer
School of Information Technology