[Centos] Mounting Netware Volumes

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Fri Apr 1 19:12:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 10:34 -0700, Nels Lindquist wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2005 at 10:31, Nels Lindquist wrote:
>
> > On 24 Mar 2005 at 19:33, Paul wrote:
> >
> > > Well I dug though the RH's site and in the release notes for AS 3.95 ite
> > > mentionsed that ncpfs has been deprecated.  I can't find the release
> > > notes for 4, but assume that they must have removed support in the
> > > kernel along with the package.
> >
> > Try installing the kernel-unsupported module.  Both ncpfs.o and ipx.o
> > (should you still require it) are in that module, at least for CentOS
> > 3.x--haven't looked at 4.0 yet myself.
>
> Oops... I meant package.  Install the kernel-unsupported *package*.
>
> "yum -y install kernel-unsupported" should do the trick.

Been there done that ... on 3.x server.   There is no kernel-unsupported
package for 4.0 and I looked at the .config file in the src.rpm and it's
not built.  I don't need IPX support, just NCP over IP ... the only
downside is you have to specify the IP/DNS name for the server in the
ncpmount command.

I borrowed a script from the ntfs guys and modified it to build the
ncpfs module using the proper parameters.   I've done some checking and
it builds versions for smp and non-smp kernels correctly.

I'm to the point I'm pretty satisfied with it and can post the build
script and the spec file in case anybody wants it.

Regards,
Paul Berger