[CentOS] Re: centos] system management - what do you use to manage your CentOS systems?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Apr 3 03:40:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Lee W wrote:

> Back to the point has anyone found / thought of implementing
> a kind of Enterprise level YUM with the same sort of
> manageability of RHN.  I looked at it myself but felt it
> would involve too much of a rewrite to the YUM clients to
> do.

I published the necessary hooks to do so two years on the yum
mailing list, and sell services based on this already.  I know
of another list member who does this as well.

The include functionality for remote yum.conf entries was a
result of some needs I had in this area, which seth kindly
added; I also use variants of that code at the
anaconda/kickstart install time for new host sccessionsing,
and rule based (database driven) config customization

> Does YUM even support any kind of authentication HTTP or FTP?

yes

-- Russ Herrold
--
end