[CentOS] CentOS for commercial use

Collins Richey

crichey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:39:57 UTC 2005

I'm a home user of CentOS (a desktop and a laptop) because I like the
quality of the product and I love the cost. I'm a great believer in
FOSS.

That being said, I know that some of you use CentOS for production
servers and (perhaps?) desktops as well. I've read at leat one comment
like "I have 20 CentOS servers."

My employer is a firm believer in RHEL - license costs are just a
business decision.

I would like to know how those of you who use CentOS in commercial
endeavors justify the decsion - ethics, community vs. vendor support,
etc., etc. I've heard many comments to the effect that we CentOS users
are just leaches, since RedHat does the major work.

What do you think?

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,