[CentOS] Creating CentOS DVD from scratch

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Wed Apr 6 02:08:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 17:22 -0400, Chris Mauritz wrote:
> Using my home cablemodem about 2 weeks ago, I was able to download the
> entire CentOS 4.0 DVD ISO in about 75 minutes.
>
> If it takes you 3 days then something is very wrong with your
> connectivity or your bitorrent setup.

I'm not the OP, but it takes a couple days for me to download a DVD
image.  Not all broadband providers allow for 10Mbps downloads ... I'm
cheap and I'm capped at 384Kbps I could pay twice as much and get 3Mbps
(more like ~2Mbps IRL).  At work it's not any better especially since
I'm going though a firewall where they don't want any P2P traffic (or IM
or Streaming Audio or much of anything else).

Paul