[CentOS] Creating CentOS DVD from scratch

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Wed Apr 6 11:52:57 UTC 2005

understod there..but my dsl is 1.5 megabits..jsut recently got a
free upgrade to 3..:)  My wife's work is the same way..she is
limited to 56 kbps..:)

Paul wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 17:22 -0400, Chris Mauritz wrote:
>
>>Using my home cablemodem about 2 weeks ago, I was able to download the
>>entire CentOS 4.0 DVD ISO in about 75 minutes.
>>
>>If it takes you 3 days then something is very wrong with your
>>connectivity or your bitorrent setup.
>

> I'm not the OP, but it takes a couple days for me to download a DVD
> image.  Not all broadband providers allow for 10Mbps downloads ... I'm
> cheap and I'm capped at 384Kbps I could pay twice as much and get 3Mbps
> (more like ~2Mbps IRL).  At work it's not any better especially since
> I'm going though a firewall where they don't want any P2P traffic (or IM
> or Streaming Audio or much of anything else).
>
> Paul

Computer Housecalls, Networks, Security, Web Design:
http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: