[CentOS] mythtv on centos4

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Apr 7 04:46:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 09:12 +0800, Michael Boman wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2005 3:34 AM, Tony <pthagonal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone had any success or failures with installing mythtv onto
> > centos4? Even better, has anyone any prebuilt rpms to do this? Looks
> > to me like centos+mythtv is quite an interesting prospect in the
> > always-on single home server environment.
>
> Mine resulted in a failure, as there are many dependencies that isn't
> packaged for CentOS4 yet. I am sure that if you build everything from
> source you will get it working, but I opted to download the KnoppMyth
> CD and do a HDD install from that - and that just worked. I am
> thinking of building something similar but use CentOS as base, but
> that is quite long down on my ever-growning todo list...
----
you are probably aware of the pre-built packages by Axel Thimms for FC-3
and it is been reported as one of the best and easiest to install and
setup.

enable ATRPMS repository and a simply yum install mythtv-suite

http://atrpms.net/dist/common/mythtv-suite/

I don't see it packaged for RHEL 4 though, RHEL 3 and obviously Fedora

Jarod Wilson's guide is also linked on that page - a very good resource.

Craig