[CentOS] MailScanner With One vs Two Postfix Instances

Sun Apr 10 04:50:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 20:35 -0400, Kennedy Clark wrote:

> On a related point: I have been reading over in the postfix user list
> archives how they are *really* down on mixing MailScanner and Postfix.
>  They say fairly serious queue, email and filesystem corruption is a
> certainty.  Yikes.  I'm stressing out now that I just invested a ton
> of time coming up to speed on MailScanner over the past 10 days. :-\
> Anyone have advice for me?  Is it really that bad?  Does the one
> instance of Postfix help (or better yet *fix*) this issue?  Do recent
> versions make things any better/worse here?
>
> They seem to like amavisd-new.

Everyone has their own agenda (and favorite software) ... I have never
had a problem with MailScanner.  I am using it in several places.  I
know z00dax also uses MailScanner ... I have used amavisd-new, it works
fine too.

The postfix guys also say compile your own and don't use the distro
version. I say, also use RPMs so you can continue to get security
updates.