[CentOS] Firefox problems

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Tue Apr 12 14:35:16 UTC 2005

Since upgrading to FireFox 1.0.2 I have noticed a large number of
problems connecting to web sites that are reached without
difficulty using MS-IE 6.  The symptom is a message box that
declares that the "The Document Contains No Data" which, ironically
enough, is the very error I get when trying to reach
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://kb.mozillazine.org/Do
cument_contains_no_data&e=10167 using Firefox.  I ended up getting
it in MS-IE.

Is it just me or did the last release of Firefox significantly
degrade its reliability.  When I close Firefox with multiple tabs I
now nearly always get an error that attempts to mail itself off to
Mozilla.  After several dozen of these I just close them now.  I
have removed and re-installed Firefox several times without relief.
 I have these same problems on at least two different machines that
I use, one running Win2Kpro and the other Win XPpro.

I am not looking for a fix here, but I was wondering if anyone had
further information on the subject that they are willing to share.

Regards,
Jim

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***