OT Re: [CentOS] Firefox problems

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:55:03 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 8:35 AM, James B. Byrne <ByrneJB at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
> Mozilla.  After several dozen of these I just close them now.  I
> have removed and re-installed Firefox several times without relief.

Were you using the Firefox (Firebird/Phoenix) milestone releases?
Problems like this are typical during a mozilla "upgrade."

When you do a typical remove/install with Firefox your profile is
maintained.  On the one hand, this is very useful behavior because
your settings are preserved.  On the other hand...

If you create a new profile I would bet dollars to doughnuts the
problem goes away.  If not,
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38 is a great place to
find tons of help on this subject.  Just try not to mention IE in your
problem description - say "it worked with another browser just fine"
lest you incur the wrath of the zealots ;)

Greg