[Centos] rpm corruption

John Newbigin

jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Wed Apr 13 23:50:34 UTC 2005

In answer to my own question, this is what I have done which appears to
fix the problem:

1. Edit /usr/lib/rpm/macros and change the line
%__dbi_rebuild		nofsync !log !txn !cdb
%__dbi_rebuild		nofsync !log !txn !cdb !thread
2. export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
3. rpm --rebuilddb
4. unset LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
5. Edit /usr/lib/rpm/macros back to the original
6. rpm --rebuilddb

So far this fixes the problems I have been having.  I assume it is
possible to override the macro setting on the rpm command line so no
editing is required and a simple script can be run on all my machines.

John.

--
John Newbigin
Computer Systems Officer