[CentOS] printer configuration crashes after Samsung install

Arny Goldfein

arny at ieee.org
Thu Apr 14 19:52:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just installed the Samsung linux ML-1710 driver on my Centos 3.4 system.
I was intending to drive a printer conneted to a windows xp machine, over
the network.  Now that I've done the install, the printer configuration
applet crashes as soon as I try to launch it. I get the following Traceback:

# printconf
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/printconf", line 9, in ?
    import queueTree
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/queueTree.py", line 946, in ?
    queueTree()
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/queueTree.py", line 102, in __init__
    if cups_import.import_needed ():
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/cups_import.py", line 200, in
import_needed
    which = which_spooler ()
  File "/usr/share/printconf/util/cups_import.py", line 191, in
which_spooler
    which = l.split ('.')[1].strip ()
  IndexError: list index out of range

How do I fix this?