[CentOS] Winbind idmap & Active Directory

Kyle Gordon

kyle at lodge.glasgownet.com
Fri Apr 15 09:21:00 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I'm running the latest and greatest CentOS4 here, along with Samba and
Winbind coupled to an Active Directory server. It's all working smoothly,
bar one little bit, the idmap gui and uid directives. It appears to be
ignoring them completely. I've pasted the relevant directives below...

winbind separator = +
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind nested groups = yes

Yet a sample user and group ID is 16777439:16777217 - well outside the
range requested. Am I missing something really obvious here? The same
config works just fine on a Debian Testing server.

Regards

Kyle

--
Kyle Gordon