[CentOS] IBM BladeCenter HS20 blades

John Burk jburk at mainframe.ca
Fri Apr 15 18:42:09 UTC 2005

I have 60 HS20's running CentOS 3.4, but I do the install via the xcat
toolset over nfs.

Have you looked at xcat yet to manage the os on your blades?  Well worth
the time to setup, written primarily by IBM, and free.

http://www.xcat.org/

BTW, what processors are in your blades?  I'm running the 3.2GHz
Nocona's, if your are similar you'll probably need to use these kernel
parameters in your grub.conf:

    acpi=noirq noexec=off noapic

And if you do go with nfs installs via xcat, the tg3 driver in 3.4 is
broken.  E-mail me and I'll send you the work-around.  It's already in
xcat but it takes a bit of finesse to apply the fix.

John Burk

Sr. Technical Director
Mainframe Entertainment

604.628.1019