[CentOS] CentOS4 ok on Dell cerc sata raid ?

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Sun Apr 17 02:45:52 UTC 2005

Francois Caen wrote:
> On 4/15/05, Tony Wicks <tonyw at tonyw.com> wrote:
>
>>I have Centos 3.4 and 4.0 on several Dell Poweredge 1750 and 750's. The
>>750's have raid 1 stat disks. To date performance has been absolutely
>>flawless, I highly recommend them running Centos, it runs perfectly
>>straight out of the box.
>

> Thank you.
> What driver does it use?

It will use either megaraid.o or megaraid2.o under CentOS 3.X/RHEL 3 and
megaraid_mbox.o driver under CentOS 4/RHEL 4.

The LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA 150-6 is the OEM version of the Dell CERC
SATA RAID card (either that or the MegaRAID SATA 150-4 - depends on how
many SATA ports the controller has).

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us