[CentOS] MailScanner With One vs Two Postfix Instances

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 15:28:55 UTC 2005

I've just caught the back end of this thread having spent a few days out of
the office and also doing exactly what the OP was doing - moving a mail
server (or three!) to a 'one instance' setup of Postfix with MailScanner - I
wish I'd seen the messages beforehand as it would have saved me some time -
I spent a short while scratching my head wondering why incoming mail was now
disappearing before realising it wasn't even being fetched - it's a good
idea to re-enable postfix's SMTP servicing!!

I just dropped in to add that with the latest version of MailScanner
(4.40.11) I was getting a warning in maillog that unrar wasn't installed and
so rar-compressed archives obviously weren't being checked - fortunately,
'yum install unrar' picked it up from Dag's repository so here's a note for
Johnny to add it to the Step 1, (Option 1) yum install command in the
section about installing Spamassassin and ClamAV and to put a note about
installing it if you're not using Dag.