[CentOS] Apache, MySQL, and PHP

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Wed Apr 20 15:08:45 UTC 2005

Hi Mark,

> Now, how is this any different than what you would do on RHEL? Seeing as
> Cent is based on it, it would be identical.

The differences were probably in the fact that the RHEL installation I
made was on RHEL 3, and the CentOS one was a 4 version. Initially I had
to make sure the extra channel was added to the subscriptions. Just
today I installed it for RHEL 4 and that seemed pretty much identical.

The remaining differences will probably have been in the chosen base
installation, requiring some packages to be added that were already
installed in the other...

Cheers!
Olafo