[CentOS] Centos EOL changes

Michael Rock

mikerocks65 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 19:19:46 UTC 2005

Hi, has the end of life and yum update process changed
for Centos?  I want to stick with a release, but
receive security updates to maintain stability on my
critical servers.

Last year I remember the plan being that if you picked
3.1, 3.3 or 3.4 you could stick with it and
automatically receive yum updates without changing
anything.

Then when 3.4 came out the Centos readme said if you
were on 3.3 you would automatically be updated to 3.4
through yum.  That never happened and I remember
reading some where here it would not.  Which was fine
by me since I assume that was due to sticking to the
original plan.

But now it seems I have a 3.3-1 server that all of
sudden looks like it wants to update to 3.4.