[CentOS] Having problems with SSL and Apache on CentOS

Edward Croft

croftale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:58:27 UTC 2005

I had a RH7.3 box that provided some web services, but the hard drive
recently started to throw errors. So I got another drive and built  a
new system using CentOS4. Unfortunately, there is no one to one as far
as Apache since COS4 uses Apache 2 and there is a dramatic difference
in the way the config files are done. I have managed to get it to
recognize the directory on my other drive after finding the selinux
commands to allow that directory to be used. I can get to the startup
page if I go through port 80. I also have it redirecting to our main
webserver and that works. However, if I try to go to secure http, I
get an error stating that some data may have been sent but it does not
present the certificate to be accepted. Because this is an internet
exposed box, I prefer to leave selinux intact. Am I missing something?
apachectl configtest, says all is OK. Apache starts. I just can't
connect to the server.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ed.