[CentOS] NFS insanity

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sun Apr 24 14:39:34 UTC 2005

Collins Richey wrote:
> On 4/24/05, Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've got some insanity with mounting an NFS share that before reloading
>>my workstation afresh worked perfectly, but now refuses to mount.
>>
>>Actually there are two servers with shares mounted.
>>(1) Mandrake 10.0 file server - two shares - mount perfectly
>>(2) Fedora Core 3 - one share - can't mount to save my life!
>>
>>My workstation is CentOS 4. I reloaded it to get rid of the FC3
>>installation at the front of the main drive and recover some space on
>>the second drive moving CentOS to the main drive. Everything else works
>>wonderfully as advertised. The following is the only feedback I'm
>>getting when attempting to mount the share from the FC3 server. (the
>>shares on the file server mount perfectly)
>>
>>SERVER:
>>Apr 24 09:43:41 mail rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
>>192.168.0.252:921 for /var/www (/var/www)
>>
>>CLIENT:
>>Mounting NFS filesystems:  mount: 192.168.0.4:/var/www failed, reason
>>given by server: Permission denied
>>

> What does your fstab entry for the share look like?

sorry about that... I knew I'd forget something.

the fstab entry on the client machine appears thusly:
192.168.0.4:/var/www /mnt/www nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,auto,hard 0 0

The exports file on the server appears as this:
/var/www	192.168.0.252(rw)

(the IP of the client machine is 192.168.0.252)

--
Mark