[CentOS] NFS insanity

Sean O'Connell oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 24 19:08:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 10:43 -0400, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Paul Heinlein wrote:
> > On 04/24/2005 06:54 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
> >
> >> My workstation is CentOS 4. I reloaded it to get rid of the FC3
> >> installation at the front of the main drive and recover some space on
> >> the second drive moving CentOS to the main drive. Everything else
> >> works wonderfully as advertised. The following is the only feedback
> >> I'm getting when attempting to mount the share from the FC3 server.
> >> (the shares on the file server mount perfectly)
> >

> > In the server's /etc/exports, try adding "insecure" to the general
> > option list, e.g.,
> >
> > /foo/bar   192.168.10.0/24(rw,root_squash,insecure,sync)
> >
> > The nfs client that ships with CentOS 4 uses a port number higher than
> > 1024 by default, which isn't what most Linux systems expect.
> >

> After adding those options to the list the results are the same.

Have you ruled out iptables on either the client or the server or both?
If you stop iptables on the client (/sbin/service iptables stop), does
the nfs mount work?

I find on my NFS clients, that i need to allow connections to port 111
and also to higher level tcp ports (assuming you are doing NFS over tcp)
--destination-ports 32768:65535.

Sean