[CentOS] NFS insanity

Ted Kaczmarek tedkaz at optonline.net
Mon Apr 25 11:22:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 06:22 -0400, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Plant, Dean wrote:
> > Mark Weaver wrote:

> >>sorry about that... I knew I'd forget something.
> >>
> >>the fstab entry on the client machine appears thusly:
> >>192.168.0.4:/var/www /mnt/www nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,auto,hard 0 0
> >>
> >>The exports file on the server appears as this:
> >>/var/www	192.168.0.252(rw)
> >>
> >>(the IP of the client machine is 192.168.0.252)
> >

> > Have you tried to mount another test share on the server with no
> > options/IP restrictions?
> >
> > Dean.
>
> yeah... there's something strange going on with the server because the
> share can't be mounted from any other machine either.

I just had some fun with this yesterday using Centos 4 as the nfs server
and an FC3 client.

Using hostnames it played nice, but with ip addresses I had permissions
issues.
I am not using fstab although from this post it down not appear to be
client side issue.

tcpdump/ethereal can be most revealing in these cases as well as
debugging.

My server is using SELINUXTYPE=targeted, not sure if that really
matters, still getting my feet wet with selinux.

Ted