[CentOS] rebuilding anaconda for centos 4.0

Hilliard, Jay Jay.Hilliard at disney.com
Mon Apr 25 19:28:40 UTC 2005

I get that when my initrd is messed up.  I'll generally re-create it and
things will be resolved.
Also, you may try bumping up the ramdisk size in your pxelinux.cfg

append ramdisk_size=20000

I create my initrd's with:

zcat  /tmp/initrd.img > /tmp/initrd.fs
mkdir /mnt/initrd
mount  -o loop /tmp/initrd.fs /mnt/initrd

make any changes...like putting in the new init and loader from
anaconda-runtime

umount /mnt/initrd
cat /tmp/initrd.fs | gzip  -9 > /tmp/initrd-new.img