[CentOS] relation "pg_user" does not exist error when running pg_dump

Andy Masiar

amasiar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:40:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to move a postgres database to another server and I ran
into some weird problems. Pg_dump command was not giving any output
and the logs got filled with some SELinux errors. So I turned off
SELinux completely (and rebooted). Now I'm getting the following error
message:

# pg_dump -U postgres database > database.out
pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  relation "pg_user" does not exist
pg_dump: The command was: SELECT (SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE
usesysid = datdba) as dba, pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) as encoding,
datpath FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'database'

Thank you for your help!

Andy