[CentOS] fsckcheck

Lee Parmeter

leejpar at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 17:01:28 UTC 2005

While working on getting software raid working, I was
unable to shutdown CentOS normally. After a forced power
shutdown, I noticed that my gnome background was missing
and I could not change the background image or color.
Trying to shutdown the server normally did not work either,
it would just hang. I suspected that the file system was
damaged and was not fixed automaticly on boot. I tried the
old Red Hat trick of creating an empty file with the name
"fsckcheck" in the root directory and then forcing a reboot
of the server. This seems to fix the problem with the file
system. Any comments?

--
Lee Parmeter Emperor, linXos - The Flying Penguin
http://www.linXos.com

'It's free. It works. Duh.'" - Eric Harrison

The United States is NOT a democracy, it was founded as a Republic!

God is not a republican or a democrat nor is His government a democracy! - Lee Parmeter