[CentOS] system management - what do you use to manage your CentOS systems?

Fri Apr 1 19:42:07 UTC 2005
Avtar Gill <avtargill at gmail.com>

Enoch West wrote:

> I wanted to get some feedback to see what other people here use to
> manage their CentOS systems, apply updates, roll out new software
> packages, update unique config files etc.

I've tried Cfengine and I'm currently evaluating Radmind.
http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/radmind/

It allows you to do everything you just mentioned and monitor filesystem
changes as well, like tripwire.  Their documentation and mailing lists
seem to focus a lot on Mac OS X but it'll work on any UNIX or UNIX-like
platform.

Here's one command line tutorial..
http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/radmind/files/radmind-tutorial-0.8.1.pdf

This paper might offer better insight..
http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/radmind/files/LISA-radmind.pdf

Here is my first post to their mailing list from a couple days ago
inquiring about using Radmind on RPM based Linux distributions.  Check
out the thread, there seem to be a few people using it on Fedora and RHEL.
https://mailman.rice.edu/pipermail/radmind/2005-March/009240.html

Hope this helps.

Avtar