[CentOS] postfix tightening

Sat Apr 2 04:38:59 UTC 2005
Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>

Just an <OT> response.

I've enjoyed reading about all the ins and outs of spam and methods of
avoiding same, but I solved my problem about 8 months ago by getting a
Gmail account. Gmail has excellent spam detection and isolation
facilities, and all I have to do is scan the folder once a day to
check for false hits (about 2 per week) and then whack the spam with 2
keystrokes. On the other side of the fence, I find that a few bits of
spam make it to my inbox every few days, but once I mark that as spam,
the spam filter learns quite quickly, and I don't see those type mails
getting through again.

One interesting side note, 99.7% of all my spam comes from mail
automatically forwarded from my comcast.net account. If I were to
unhook forwarding those accounts, I would be almost spam free.

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,