[CentOS] Re: CentOS4 laptop touchpad erratic operation

Sat Apr 2 16:32:13 UTC 2005
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Collins Richey wrote:

>On Apr 2, 2005 8:40 AM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I've just put up CentOS4 on my HP ze4630us laptop, and the
>>installation produced only two problems of note, both related to X
>>operations.
>>
>2. Erratic touchpad operation.
>

>Replying to my own post. I did find a synaptics driver for the
>touchad, and CentOS4 has it, so I'm trying out the driver with the
>recommended xorg.conf entry from
>
>http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/
>
>The driver at least works; will report back.

I'll be curious to see how this plays out.  I've got a couple of Compaq
Presario Athlon 64 3400+ and 3700+ laptops that seem fine with WinXP,
but I find that I spend most of my time using them as an Xterm to talk
to Linux machines.  If all the various integrated devices are supported
(nvidia video, 54mbit wifi, ether, firewire, etc) it would probably make
one HELL of a portable Linux workstation.

Anyone here using a recent vintage Presario or HP equivalent w/CentOS 4?

Cheers,