[CentOS] Milestone

Tue Apr 5 13:47:52 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic at pbl.ca>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> I did not note down what options I had selected during install.  Is
> there some way in the install log to figure that out?

Check the file /root/anaconda-ks.cfg.  This is kickstart configuration
file that was generated based on your choices during the install.  You
can use it to perform completeley automatic installation of the server.
  All you would do is copy the file to floppy disk and name it ks.cfg,
boot from first CD, and on boot prompt type "linux ks=floppy" (this is
just one method, ks.cfg can be also stored on USB stcik, CD ROM, or on
the network).

Or you can modify it and use to install some other server.  Check
documentation at:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/

In particular this chapter that explains what kickstart installations
are, options for creating kickstart configuration file, and what options
are available:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-kickstart2.html