[CentOS] Creating CentOS DVD from scratch

Tue Apr 5 21:35:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 17:22 -0400, Chris Mauritz wrote:
> Using my home cablemodem about 2 weeks ago, I was able to download the
> entire CentOS 4.0 DVD ISO in about 75 minutes.
>
> If it takes you 3 days then something is very wrong with your
> connectivity or your bitorrent setup.
>
> Cheers,

> Scott Heisler wrote:
>
> >Who has time to wait for bit torrent... Last time I tried that, it took
> >3 days to download...
> >

> >Just my take..
> >Scott

just for the record ... there are 65-70 full seeds for bittorrent and I
fill my download pipe (8mbps) when downloading via BT.  I normally can
get about 300KB/sec ... maybe 500KB/sec absolutely max from an FTP
site ... but that 8mbps line lites up at 1045KB/sec when D/L via
Bittorrent on my connection.