[CentOS] Media check problems

Fri Apr 8 21:32:12 UTC 2005
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

You will probably find that your CD ROM drive is not very good at
reading CDRs,

When you install depending on the options you select, not all the CD
will be read as not all the CDs contents will be required.  The media
check is much more stringent in that it reads every sector, if your CD
ROM drive, the CD media or the writer used to create them is in any way
not up to scratch the media check may fail.

To verify this grab an ISO from another mirror and burn it, if it still
fails change your hardware..  I often use Sunsite in the UK for
downloads as its in the UK, I've not had any problems yet, alternative
again would be to use Azureus and download the DVD iso from the torrent
and burn that,  certainly I have never had that fail... but if the
install works anyway, I wouldn't worry too much

Regards

Pete