[CentOS] Need some help (been hacked)...

Sat Apr 9 17:05:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 12:34 -0400, Erik Douglas wrote:
> Hey guys...
>
> I've recently been hacked ( or atleast I think so) and need some help
> getting my company's server back up agian.
>
> What I need is a complete directory listing of /lib from a fully
> up-to-date 3.4 distribution.
The contents of the /lib directory are unique for each install, and
totally based on the items you have installed.

> Also, if someone could email over the libc file to erik.douglas (at)
> gmail (dot) com that would be greatly appreicated.

libc isn't really a file, but there are several rpms that you might
consider libc ... the rpms: glibc and libc-client ... and maybe libstdc+
+ are all releated to libc.

If you have been hacked, you should probably not clean up the computer,
but should backup data and re-install from scratch.  If someone has
hacked you, they can have installed binary files that look like the
original but contain Trojan listeners for remote login that are hidden
from the installed programs.