[CentOS] CentOS and HP Drivers

Thu Apr 14 01:41:55 UTC 2005
Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

Mark A. Lewis wrote:
> I am debating installing CentOS on a new HP DL580 with an MSA1000 SAN.
> HP offers drivers that are specific to RHEL and will not install on
> other RH distros i.e. RH 9.
>
> Has anyone gotten the HP SupportPack to install under CentOS?
>
> Thanks!

Actually, yes.  I've got a pair of Proliant DL-140s running CentOS 3.4
that are running the Proliant Support Pack.  I had to hack the contents
of the /etc/redhat-release file to get it installed, but once done it
works just great.  Each of the two boxes has an FC controller and it is
attached to our SAN, we're running Oracle 10g in RAC mode.  I've also
got some DL-320s running CentOS 3 and the PSP.

Hope that helps!
--
Jay Leafey
Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others