[CentOS] PHPBB+Centos

Thu Apr 14 22:13:29 UTC 2005
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Do, den 14.04.2005 schrieb Jonathan um 23:25:

> Alexander:
>
> You took the words out of my mouth on SELinux.  Never have we had more
> problems getting stuff working in any linux distro than we have with
> CentOS 4 with SELinux on.

Jonathan, I didn't want to say Joe would or should disable SELinux. My
intention was just to remark that SELinux interferes with Apache
content. I.e. having the wrong context set will prevent Apache from
delivering the pages. You will then see avc / audit messages in the
syslog (messages file).
There is some documentation (RHEL 4 documentation, Fedora Core docs)
about SELinux and how to handle it.
SELinux is a great tool for security improvement. No surprise that you
have to adjust things which are not part of the distribution to work
with the security limitations. Said that, it is not trivial.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 00:08:41 up 2 days, 20:49, load average: 1.50, 1.87, 1.32